Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Coverage
Although open enrollment for health insurance closed March 31, 2014, many people are still eligible to apply for coverage. You may still complete an application if you meet one of the following conditions:
- You qualify for “special enrollment period” due to a change in life circumstance such as marriage, divorce, having or adopting a child, etc.
- You qualify for expanded Medicaid health coverage**
**Medicaid health coverage can be applied for at any time during the year. See this link for Medicaid (ABE) income guidelines.
Counselors are still available at the Rock Island County Health Department Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. They can be reached at 558-2851, 558-2861, 558-2882, or 558-2930.
Counselors will continue to enroll eligible clients at various sites throughout the county. Please view the “Outreach and Enrollment Calendar” to check the upcoming schedule. Check back often, new dates and locations will be added often!
Individuals must supply certain documents to verify their identity, address, citizenship or immigration status and all sources of income they receive. These include:
- Driver’s License/State ID card
- Certificate of Naturalization/ Certificate of US Citizenship
- Social Security Card (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Employer/Income information for every member in the household who needs coverage (for example, pay stubs or W2 forms)
- Policy numbers or insurance cards for any current plans
**Some individuals may be asked to submit other verification documents at a later time.**